Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trapped in my own idea

Okay, here's the situation, a real one, not the stomach-board idiot from Jersey Shore. Sometimes we can be a victim of our own good ideas.

About a week ago, I left a little note to My Beloved in the guise of the Twelve Days of Christmas song. A day or so before she had a scratchy throat and wanted a roll of cherry Life Savers but couldn't find them anywhere. On a trip to the grocery, I saw the book of five rolls you always see at this time of year. (I always used to get one as a stocking stuffer. Doesn't happen much any more.) So I put the note on the table with the Life Savers. My gesture then went on Facebook with her 'friends' wondering what was going on. Well, you can see my dilemma. Instead of just a nice little treat for My Beloved, I now need eleven more days. I have delivered two more 'Days of Christmas' and have ideas for three others. But now I'm getting stuck.

Here's your chance to help a good idea that got in trouble. I'll take ideas!!!!

Then again, if it was a good idea I wouldn't be a prisoner to it.

3 comments:

  1. You are on your own, Mr. Creative! Let us mere mortals know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick with the candy idea, as it's way cheaper than birds, men and women, and let's not forget the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, my favorite cartoon on this topic was the one showing a lady in an apron, saying: on the fourth day of christmas, my true love gave to me: four calling birds, three french hens, two turtledoves, and a partidge in a pear tree. I can't wait to cook!

    ReplyDelete