Monday, September 15, 2014

What's next?

Writing is by its nature, a solo task. Yes, there are many others that contribute to the overall work, such as cover designers, editors, proofreaders and all the others that help to put a book together. When one does not have a publisher, all that falls on the shoulders of the author to put it all together. (It is the wave of the future in the world of writing and publishing).

When you finish one book, somewhere along the line, you need to begin the next one. That can involve a tremendous amount of trepidation on the part of the author. No matter how wonderful he or she thinks they performed with the last project, it is still the last project and a new one must begin quickly. Often, it is about the momentum they are working to achieve. The thought process often is a deep look inside wondering if he/she can match the quality of both the story and the actual prose. Did the last book make me a better writer than I was before I began it? Did I grow as a writer? Will this next work exceed my own expectations for overall writing and give the reader a quality experience?

On my website, robertthomasbooks.com, I have a WIP section. I don't use it as often as I should, but it is there. A 'WIP' is a work in progress. From time to time I put excerpts of what I am currently writing up for readers to get a gauge of what is coming along.

Here is the latest from the next book in the Last Elf Prophecy series. The working title is 'Awakening of Lillestrom'. I hope you enjoy it. And as always, feedback is greatly appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment