Thursday, July 7, 2011

Phone flash

Working around the homestead today, I heard a brief topic on the radio that I thought I would comment on. It had to do with the current trend of sexting or sending inappropriate pictures of yourself to someone else. Although this is something I would never do, what has become of the men of this country that feel they must 'show themselves' to others?

I'm not talking about the occasional oddball out there. I'm speaking of regular, normal guys. Heck, even the high profile men seen as celebrities or public professionals. What happened to the days of when men were men? I'm also not speaking to the gay community. Gays can be guys too! I'm not a fan of the flaunt it if you've got it rule. Some things just need to be kept private (so to speak).

Can you imagine the heroes of the past sexting with a cell phone? Somehow I can't see Steve McQueen, Frank Sinatra, Clint Eastwood or John Wayne flashing others with their phones. I wouldn't do that now with my wife of twenty years. Come to think of it, I don't think I would want to be with a woman who thought that was cool or okay. Nothing says upstanding and someone with good judgement like sexting to a woman you just met thirty minutes ago. What a way to start a relationship.

Of course if your name is Wiener...hope you live up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment