Saturday, December 24, 2016

Another Eve Upon Us

Again I post a ramble on this Christmas Eve. It is my favorite day of the year, if you remember. I post this almost every year. The hustle and bustle is complete and the splendor is spread along the floor. A fire is often ablaze in the hearth, though this year that would make things a bit too warm. This is the first Christmas we will share in our new home. I hope it will be ripe with new traditions and decorations to make this house our home. It is different; it is beautiful. It is ours to sculpt and enjoy with those we love.

Each year I am asked what I want for Christmas. At my age, I really don't want much. A tool I stumble across now and then. It's really the simple things that sit best with me. My daughter knows the kinds of black licorice I like and sprinkles them to me throughout the year. I enjoy seeing Ragin Cage's eyes light up when he sees the presents under the tree. And for My Beloved, each passing year on this night we try to share something special; perhaps a glass of wine or some other special touch just between us.

However, all that pales in comparison to the quietness of the evening. Unfortunately, Old Man Winter has not blessed us with his kiss of white this year. I do enjoy winter's white, the fresh blanket of snow that lays upon the ground. There is nothing quite like a white Christmas. Because Santa does need a good snow base to land on rooftops. Those sleigh rails can do some serious damage to roof shingles you know.

I wish everyone who finds their way to this blog a blessed and very Merry Christmas, or a joyous celebration of whatever spiritual holiday that calls to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment