Saturday, September 16, 2017

Disrespect

My Beloved and I decided to take a few days to ourselves and enjoy a brief vacation out of town. If you haven't had the opportunity to travel up to the New England states, I urge you to go. There are a ton of things to do up there. The weather is wonderful this time of year, the people are terrific and the scenery is beautiful.

So, what's to disrespect you ask? It began when we boarded our Southwest plane. Nothing out of the ordinary. The crew smiled and welcomed everyone aboard. I have generally found the Southwest flight attendants, I'm sure I would get shot in this day and age if I called them stewardesses, PC and all, are generally the friendliest in the skies I have traveled. However I digress. The plane boarded normally and we paying cattle took our seats without incident.

Then, it happened. The attendants stood up to give their much practiced play, Act I, Scene I, you know, keeping us safe in the event of an emergency. I was sitting about four rows in front of the attendant who had the middle of the plane performance. She began her buckling display and smiled. What irritated me to no end was the jackass sitting right in front of her on the aisle seat began talking to the person across the aisle like the attendant wasn't even there. He continued to talk the entire time ignoring the attendant's instructions.

I wanted so badly to stand up and yell across the rows, DUDE, pay attention to this woman. Have some respect for her doing her job. Shut the hell up! What she's saying might save your life! Apparently he doesn't give a crap about his life.

I don't care how many times you fly. I don't care how well you think you know the instructions you are about to receive, but have some respect for the person who is telling the other passengers how to save their lives. Shut your pie-hole until they are done.

If this plane crashes, you're the last person I'm coming to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment