Monday, March 11, 2019

Which is which?

Do you ever have a continual problem of misidentifying something? You know, something so mundane that it just doesn't sink in? Something around the house perhaps? Not something difficult like a whats-a-doohickey or a thing-a-ma-bob. I mean something as mundane as dish towels. Or are they really dish towels?

Huh?

Yeah, dish towels. When My Beloved and I moved a couple years ago in 'The Great Downsizing', we purchased a few new items for the abode. You know, things like dish towels, curtains, hand towels for the bath, all those things that bring a fresh touch to the home. To be honest, ours were well worn and ready to become shop rags for around the workbench.

The problem is, for me anyway to the unbridled amusement to My Beloved; I can't tell the kitchen towels from the hand towels for the bath. As the awesome husband that I am, I routinely do laundry. When the towels are thrown into the batch, I somehow end up mixing them up. I put bath towels into the kitchen drawer and kitchen towels into the linen closet. My Beloved just politely takes the bath from the drawer and switches them with the misplaced kitchen towels. She just shakes her head as she walks by.

You'd think I'd know the difference since I also do my fair share of dishes. At least until the dishwasher gets fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment