Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hail 2013

Hello 2013.

Once again a new year enters into the picture for us all. For many it is a time of choosing ones destiny for the coming 365 and making their life better. Others view the new year as nothing special with no reason to look forward to the coming year. I don't think there is anything wrong with looking ahead with a little inward introspection. Our best quality as a people is the ability to look past problems and overcome obstacles that have been placed before us. Just as those who have faced the impossible; natural disasters such a Katrina, Sandy and the yearly plague of tornadoes in the plains states and have overcome life-changing circumstances, we strive to succeed. Where some crumble, others stand up and place one foot in front of the other and start their rebuilding process all over again. It is human nature. It is why we are special.

With that in mind, here are my new years resolutions both personal and professional for the coming 365:

Personal: 1) Buy My Beloved flowers once each month. Now, don't anyone tell her this. She likes to tell me she reads this blog on occasion. We'll see about that. 2) Re-grout the kitchen floor (OK, that's not a fun one but it needs done. 3) Get the small projects done around the house; one a month; closet shelving, outdoor speakers on the pool, things like that. 4) Take My Beloved to the movies every two months (see disclaimer on #1; don't tell her).

Professional: 1) Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Keep work at work and give 100% but don't take work home with me. 2) Finish my two "works in progress" by June. One is the first of an untitled sci-fi series, book one titled Star Eagle Six; the other is the first of a fantasy series, The Last Elf. Book one is currently untitled. 3) Spend less unproductive time on the internet. I can't completely ditch it as I need it for writing and marketing. That being said, 4) Add 'booksfromhale.com to my favorites list. It's author, Brandon Hale is an independent author (and a funny guy). He's a good read.

That's it for now, sports fans. I'll see what else comes down the pipe in the coming year. Hello 2013, and goodbye 2012 cause you weren't the best friend I've had.

Oh, and sell more books!



No comments:

Post a Comment